News / Upcoming Events
updated March 2018
- November 30 - December 4, 2016 - several new sculptures exhbiting at CONTEXT Art Miami with Woolff Gallery.
- November 2016 - "Ffound 3" - group exhibtion of found object art at Woolff Gallery, London, UK.
- Sept 1 - 30, 2016 - "Bastet", my new sculpture honoring the Egyptian cat goddess, will be exhbited at Alexi Era Gallery in Eugene as part of their "Ancient Kingdoms" show.
- August 9 - Sept 30, 2016 - 12 recent sculptures will be at the "Mysterious Creatures" exhibition at Rogue Gallery in Medford, OR
- January - December 2016 - major new sculpture commission for Thinking Tree Spirits, a new distillery opening in Eugene, Oregon in late 2016. Sculpture to be announced/unveiled Dec 2016.
- December 1 - 6, 2015 - several new sculptures exhbiting at CONTEXT Art Miami with Woolff Gallery.
- November 2015 - "Ffound 2" - group exhibtion of found object art at Woolff Gallery, London, UK.
- May - Dec. 2015 - beginning an extensive series of found object sculptures based on all of the rabbit characters from the literary masterpiece (and terrifying "children's" cartoon of the 1970's). Here is "Fiver", "Hazel", and others. (Most have been sold through Woolff Gallery and to private collectors in the US).
- January 2015 - several receent sculptures exhibited with Woolff Gallery at London Art Fair.
- September 2014 - 4 recent sculptures exhibited in a group show at Beijing Desing Week.
- July 24 - 28, 2014 - Art Southampton Contemporary International Art Fair happens in Long Island, NY. This is the 3rd year that Woolff Gallery is representing my work there, and two recent sculptures will be exhibited.
- June 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM - First Friday ArtTalk - I have been invited to start off a new series for Eugene's First Friday Art Walks called, "ArtTalk", a 30 minute slide show and discussion of "The Art of Repurposing". It will be in the Jacobs Gallery at the Hult Center, and I'll be exhibiting this recently completed sculpture. More Info here.
- May 2014 - "Blind Eye Sees All (No Secrets Anymore)" - new sculpture inspired by the illegal surveillance activities of the NSA. As a way to support the Electronic Frontier Foundation, 50 mini-sculptures are available for a very limited time here.
- April 2014 - "Factotum II", a curio coffee table was purchased by JW Marriott Hotel in Houston, Texas for their lobby.
- March 7 - May 20, 2014 - four recent sculptures exhibited at the Art Center in Seoul, South Korea for the "Steampunk: The art of Victorian Futurism" show.
- December 2 - 6, 2013 - several recent sculptures exhibited at Art Miami with Woolff Gallery.
- September 19 - 22, 2013 - several recent sculptures exhibited at Houston Fine Art Fair, with Woolff Gallery.
- September 7 - 28, 2013 - three new works exhibited at "Sepsis 21" invitational group show at The Gallery Zero in Portland, Oregon.
- August 22 - October 5, 2013 - "Vacua Imperium (The Empty Empire)" was selected by the Eugene Mayor's Art Show jurors as "Best in Show" and included a cash award.
- July 25 - 29, 2013 - Art Southampton - will feature three recent sculptures, shown with Woolff Gallery. See the "New Works" page to see some of them.
- April 18 - May 25, 2013 - "Ffound" - group show at Woolff Gallery, London, UK.
- March 6-10, 2013 - Three of my recent sculptures will be exhbited at SCOPE Art Fair in New York City at the Woolff Gallery booth.
- February, 2013 - recent sculpture about the industrial colonization of nature, "GoatHaus", is being shipped to The Shop Gallery in New Orleans.
- February, 2013 - a recent interview in Surface China magazine was published in the print edition of the magazine, and exerpted on their site, Art and Design. Here is the unedited, original interview, which was conducted in English.
- February 15 - 17, 2013 - Palm Springs Fine Art Fair - my newest work in found objects will be at this international fair on the West Coast, represented by Woolff Gallery.
- January 24 - 29, 2013 - Art Palm Beach - several new sculptures shown at this international art fair in West Palm Beach, Florida, and I will be there on Jan 25 with Woolff Gallery.
- December 4 - 9, 2012 - Art Miami - three recent sculptures shown at booth A-30 with Woolff
23, 2012 - publication of "Weird
But True #4", a National Geographic kids book that features
the life-sized Columbia
Mammoth skeleton I completed earlier this year.
20, 2012 -
Dedication of the 16' Great Blue Heron sculpture, made from found
objects and commissioned by the City of Eugene, in honor of the City's
- August 2012 - the Knew
Conscious Gallery in Denver, Colorado will be hosting a group
show on the theme of "Ascension", and I have been invited
to create a new piece for the show.
13-15 - Art
Hamptons International Art Fair in Bridgehampton, New York.
I will be represented there by Woolff
Gallery, which is based in London, and be showing several new
2012 - many new works completed this
spring, including "The
Tulip Pusher", "Tangrisnir",
30 - April 21, 2012 - solo show of 8
new sculptures, "DoubleThink"
at The WAVE Gallery in Eugene's Whitaker neighborhood.
20, 2012 - STOLEN ART! One of my pieces, "Tribute
to the Concussed Skier", was stolen during an elaborate break-in
at Matter Gallery in Olympia., WA. The piece was apparently the
target of the break-in. Extensive news coverage here, here, here, here,
Please contact the Olympia Police Department if you see this sculpture
or have any information on it's whereabouts.
2012 - completion
of my largest sculpture ever, a life-sized Columbia
Mammoth skeleton made from 95% recycled materials, mostly farm
equipment. It was created as a commission for Pacific
Studio, and will be permanently displayed at the new Moses
Lake Museum and Art Center. It is 14 feet tall and 20 feet long.
3, 2011 - honored to have been voted "Best
Visual Artist: 2011-2012" in Eugene Weekly's annual reader poll
of the "Best of Eugene".
- December, 2011 - the rest of this
year is locked in with sculpture commissions. Several private commissions,
as well as two larger public works being completed. Details pending,
but these will be 2 of my largest
sculptures to date.
8, 2011 - I was commissioned by Eugene
Weekly to create a sculpture celebrating the 40th Anniversary
of BRING (local recycling center) for the cover
of this weeks issue.
4, 2011- review
of current show, "Purpose: Repurpose" in Eugene Weekly.
15 - August 29, 2011 - "Purpose:
Repurpose" exhibition - a 2 person show with 16+ new sculptures
at Maude Kerns Art
Center in Eugene. Preview
article in Eugene's Register Guard newspaper, and post on the art blog Ransom Notes.
2011 - Front
Row Monthly magazine published an extensive interview about
my work and philosophy.
3 - July 8, 2011 - new sculpture, "Skull (destroying
to create)" donated for the first annual "Skull
Appreciation Day" at Gallery5 in Richmond, VA. Process
1, 2011 - new sculpture, "Anymore",
donated for "A
Window Between Worlds" benefit at the James
Gray Gallery in Los Angeles.
27, 2011 - 9
of my sculptures are included in the new book "1000
Steampunk Creations", published by Quarry Books. "TriloTemporalis"
is on the cover!
2011 - recently
completed a studio siege (7 days, 100+ hours of work and no human
contact) and these sculptures resulted: "Oblivion
16, 2011 - 2 new works completed, "Delusiduous
Towers" and "Vessel".
16, 2011 - featured in a story about metal
sculptors on a KEZI
news feature, which is also available
22, 2011 - "Ambassador
Drone" completed, with detailed
soure info here.
10, 2011 - new, smaller work completed, "Mech-Rel".
2, 2011 - new sculpture completed, "Lotus
Eaters", (featured on BoingBoing.net)
7, 2011 - opening reception for "Sculpture"
group show at Oregon Art's Alliance, where I will debut my newest
(alone with everybody)".
6, 2011 - feature
article about my work at BRING's Garden of Earthly Delights.
18, 2010 - 8:00 PM - Oregon
Art Beat aired a profile about my sculpture, which can
be viewed online, here.
12, 2010 - the new Bridge
Gallery in Chicago's Pilsen district is exhibiting my work as
part of their gallery's sneak preview night, during the monthly
6 - Dec 7, 2010 - 2 of my skull themed sculptures will be exhibited in "Skull!" at the Parlor
Gallery in Asbury Park, New Jersey.
2 of my pieces are featured in the current issue of Direct
Art Magazine ! It can be found in large bookstores or ordered
7 - Dec 31, 2010 - my sculpture "R-Evolve" will be exhibited at "Re-Cycle - Southern California Bike Culture"
in Riverside, California's new Culver
Center for the Arts.
2010 - completed the latest in my series of
delusional modes of transportation, "MortalCycle".
26, 2010 - "Factotum"
selected for inclusion in the Eugene
Mayor's Art Show.
30 - July 25, 2010 - 2 pieces in the group
show, "Objectophilia" which will be part of the upcoming Denver
Biennial of the Americas. The show is also sponsored by the Denver
Museum of Contemporary Art. This new work, "The
Nature of Commodity" will be exhibited there, along with "Monoculture".
1, 2010 - 2 of my cycle-themed sculptures
will be exhibited at the "Pedal Power" show in Portland, OR, at the Compound
2010 - Photographer Dennis Galloway made a portrait
of me in the studio, using a wide lens and panoramic photography
2010 - 2 of my cycle-themed sculptures are
featured in the new book, "VELO
- Bicycle Culture and Design", which was just published by Gestalten,
out of Germany, but available here.
15, 2010 -
completed another commission, "The
Beginning of the End", which is a variation on this earlier
version of an Ouroboros themed sculpture I did in 2007.
15, 2010 - finished one of the commissions
is just in time for tax day !
2010 - working on several private commissions
for collectors and finished a new icon, "Hallucination
Engine" (part of my series of holy objects for religions which
do not exist).
24, 2010 - feature
article about Hoodz
Gallery and my work in the Oregon Daily Emerald today.
2010 - my work is featured in the new Juxtapoz
magazine (Feb issue, page 29)
21, 2010 - feature
article about my work in "The Register Guard" (Eugene's
8 - Feb 28, 2010 - solo
show in Portland, Oregon's SCRAP Re-Vision Gallery.
2009 - new works completed, "Industrament"
and "Reliquary for the Third
Eye of William S. Burroughs"
1, 2009 - making progress on the Chapel wall
at BRING Recycling. See work
in progress photos here.
30, 2009 - new work completed, "Factotum";
named after a book by Charles Bukowski, it is a meditation on the
nature of meaningless work.
10, 2009 - Honored that my sculpture "Retread"
was chosen by Jill Hartz (director of the Jordan
Schnitzer Museum of Art) as Best in Show for
the Object Afterlife Art Challenge, which is at BRING
Gallery through November.
13, 2009 - "Bio-Cycle" sculpture featured
Day magazine (there may be an ad you need
to skip to see the article).
10, 2009 - new
sculpture "Thirteen Skulls" completed in the tradition of the
16, 2009 - new
sculpture, "Pollutacuda" completed. It's based on an imagined
prototype of this real
technology. UPDATE: this sculpture has been
purchased by Ripley's Believe It or Not for display in their Australian
18, 2009 - Opening night at Device
Gallery in San Diego, CA for a group show and release of their
new book "Reconstructed". The book
is available online, here.
18, 2009 - I've been invited to create a new
sculpture for the "JOYRIDE" bicycle art show, which happens in New
York City in conjunction with the Bicycle
Film Festival at the Anonymous
Gallery. The sculpture is called "R-Evolve",
and is now completed.
9, 2009 - Tango-Echo (new online zine) just ran an article about my work and philosophy.
5, 2009 -
I have dontated a new sculpture to the Skateboard Art Show and Silent
Auction which is a fundraiser for a new skateboard park in Eugene.
The piece is called "Tribute
to the Fallen Skater". Info about the show is here.
3, 2009 - I am honored to have been chosen
as "Artist of the Day" on this
2009 - The arts and literature magazine Denali will be featuring a couple of my works in their 2009 edition (my
work is also on the cover).
2009 - Studio
Visit magazine included my sculpture "RoundUp"
in the Spring 2009 edition
2009 - 2011 - The City of Puyallup, Washington
installed one of my sculptures (a seated figure) in front of their
public Library. It is called "Waiter"
and can be seen here.
18 , 2009 - "Trilo-Temporalis"
selected for the 2009 Pacific
Northwest Arts Annual show, at the University of Oregon's EMU.
10, 2009 - "Paradise
Lost" was voted "Best in Show" at the 100
Artist's Show at the Mary Lou Zeek Gallery in Salem.
6, 2009 - New
work created for "Mouthfull" show at Good
Gallery in Portland, OR.
20 - March 20, 2009 - "Juxtaposed" - 8 new works in a group sculpture show at Maude
3, 2009 - Paradise
available for bidding at "Inside
Out - 100 artists show" - sold on opening night.
2009 - new works completed, here and here. Other recent
work is getting good press on some notable blogs: Boing
Boing, Gizmodo, designboom, neatorama,
2008 - new
work, "The Great Escape"
work, "Paradise Lost"
completed for the "100 Artists" invitational show at the Mary
Lou Zeek Gallery in Salem, OR. Show opens in February 2009,
and will feature "Paradise
the City of Keizer, Oregon has selected a figure for their new Public
Art Sculpture program: "Transcend" was installed at The Keizer Plaza,
New work completed - "Monoculture",
which is a reference to "factory forestry" practices.
juried into Eugene Mayor's Art Show for "RoundUp"
juried into "OVERLOAD" group show in Athens, Georgia. My sculpture
was displayed at the Athens Instituted
for Contemporary Art.
New Works completed: "RoundUp"
"Dia de Los Muertos Memorial"
and "Birdhaus" (all are
for upcoming shows)
my "Great Blue Heron" sculpture won the People's Choice Award at Moses Lake's
"Sculpture without Walls" exhibit. It will be purchased by the City
for their permanent sculpture collection.
Guest Curator for a show at the Eugene Airport Gallery. Theme will
be Olympics, to coincide with the 2008 Olympic Track and Field Trials,
being held in Eugene. Show will be called "Let the Games Begin"
2008 - New work completed, "Memorial"
Solo show at DIVA in Eugene: 3/32" - explorations of form within a narrow medium
Invited to participate in "Different Spokes", sponsored by the Mary
Lou Zeek Gallery in Salem, OR. It's an invitational show of
15 sculptors from the Northwest, in which bicycle parts are incorporated
into the work. My piece, "Bio-Cycle",
Sundance Film Festival will be premiering the movie "Half-Life"
, which has one of my sculptures in the movie. Their website
and movie trailer is here. The sculpture in the movie is a modified
version of this
Commissioned by Lane
County Mental Health Services to create 2 memorial benches,
to honor the late Richard K. Sherman, a tireless advocate for the
mentally ill. The benches and memorial are completed.
I was invited to be a guest designer for "Extreme
Makeover - Home Edition" television show, and donated
two sculptures for their renovation of a house in Corvallis, Oregon
for the Byers family. The episode aired on October 9. Photo
of sculpture in their house here.
Solo Show at Sam Bond's Garage, : "Workdrink" - July 27 - August 30th, 2007
Solo Show at Maude Kerns Art Center, "Steeling Space".